* A list of the coming week's games will be sent out Monday of each week.
* Referees wanting game assignments will be asked to provide their availability, start and end times, up to how many games they're willing to
work, by Wednesday of each week.
* Referees being assigned to games will be notified by Thursday of each week.
* If you do not receive the Thursday Game Assignment Update, that means you were not assigned to any games.
* NWYSA Referees will all be given a share of games during the season, but a referee's availability and their ability will be factors in deciding who is assigned to games during the course of the season.
* Report 15 minutes in advance
* If the first game of the day help to set-up field
* Perform field safety check
* Review the division and league rules along with the FIFA laws of the game
> Under 4/5/6 and Under 7/8/9 games, both teams at the center circle, 5 minutes before their scheduled kickoff
> Under 10/11/12 and Under 13/14/15 games, each team in front of their bench or penalty area, 10 minutes before their
* If only referee for Under 10/11/12 and Under 13/14/15 game request volunteer club linesmen
* Start on time
* Move with play
* Be heard, voice and whistle
* Be instructional
* Briefly explain a call when requested
* Be polite whenever possible
* Keep unsportsmanlike conduct, careless, reckless and excessive force under control
* Keep score
* Oversee teams handshake to insure Good Sportsmanship
* Remind coaches to pick-up their trash and team items
* Preform trash and forgotten team items sweep in and around field
* If the last game of the day help to pack-up field, collect game ball
What Is Being Asked Of You
Remember, before, during, and after a game, you are an NWYSA Representative, and one goal in each game you work is to help make the experience of all involved a good one, which will in part depend on the teams and their supporters understanding and cooperation. Being a proficient Referee will help you to achieve this goal.